Monday, April 18, 2011

Jack is 1 week old!

Oh-my! Our little boy is already a week old! He is learning more and more everyday and we are so proud of him and finally seeing some major progress! Chris and I spent a lovely evening together Saturday night, celebrating our Jack's one week mark. We went to a movie, made dinner at home together, and visited for a good hour just kissing and cuddling our son. We sure love that little guy-more than words could even BEGIN to describe. As a present to us Jack decided he was too hot in the isolette and was moved to an open crib! Now we can hold him for every feeding and he seems so much more alert and A LOT less sleepy ( I think he was always so drowsy due to the steamy sauna of a bedroom.) He has 2 things now checked off his list! He can maintain body temperature for at least 48 hours, and his IV fluids have been discontinued. He almost has steady weight gain checked off, and they unplugged his oxygen tonight to test him out again without it (he was over 100% all day, so the nurses are pretty sure he will do fine without it.)


Today was such a wonderful day, my little boy finished every single bottle for the first time EVER. He has never once finished a feeding and I was shocked and pleasantly surprised when he gulped down each bottle I fed him under 20 minutes! DEFINITELY a perfect day. I really hope he keeps up this winners streak and can come home to his family soon. We love our Jack and feel so grateful to be his mommy and daddy. Happy 1 week little bean!









Jack, 5 pounds 5 ounces almost back up to his birth weight!


A little groggy after eating


Gosh I love this little boy


My boys :)

PJ's from Grandma Kenner


Mmmm....he loves his mommies milk


Little' bum

11 comments:

The Halls said...

Jack Jack Attack, you're doing so good. I just love you so much and can't wait to see you. I sure miss my lil' guy. I have an Easter prize for you at Grandmas house. I hope to see you on Easter. Love you lots!! Auntie Ree Re.

The Halls said...

I love that they marked him by potting his name on his back. That funny!

Ky and Cam said...

brit!
he is such a freakin cuutie!
and I am sooo glad to hear he is doing so well!
i want to meet the little guy!
congrats again pretty lady :)

Stephanie said...

OH I love his little hippo bum!! So cute.

The Halls said...

Just had to stop by and see him again. Tell Jack Jack Attack I love him. xoxoxoox

Jessica said...

Totally cried while reading this.

We're so glad he's getting big and strong! The boys want to meet him. Kyle prays for Jack every night, and he says at least once a day, "I just love Jack-Jack so much." Lucas smiles and giggles every time he sees a picture of Jack-he recognizes his friend!

The Halls said...

p.s what size of clothes was he wearing in the pix? newborn? preemie? Just curious...oh and I'm addicted to Jack Jack....

Brittany (B) Michelle Kenner said...

You are all just the nicest family and friends EVER!! We are so lucky to have so many good people praying for Jack. He seriously is doing AWESOME! He has decided that he is ALWAYS hungry now and today he was hysterical because I wasn't changing his diaper fast enough and he was just so very very hungry! He has taken every bottle so far today and had no tube feedings at all today! He is still off oxygen and I have just been saying my prayers constantly all day, I am just so greatful for this incredible jump in progress...(wouldn't it be just wonderful if he could be home by Easter Sunday?) Love you guys!

The Halls said...

It would be SO lovely if he could come home Sunday.

Melinda said...

What a cutie!! I am so happy that he is progressing and gaining weight. You'll have him home in no time.

Brittany (B) Michelle Kenner said...

He is wearing preemie in the picturesr