Monday, February 27, 2012

Jack takes a step

Well, today Jack took his first step. Not steps..step. :) I wanted to blog about it so I didn't forget! We spent the entire 4 day weekend with the Ewell family at my parents cabin. My sister Ashlee's family was able to make it and Jack LOVES spending time with his cousin Wesley. Wesley gets Jacks gears a-going and REALLY makes him want to "do stuff". Wesley is a very busy boy, playing with cars, running, crawling under the table (crawling on top of the table), and just generally doing things that Jack just can't do yet, but things that look super fun! So ALL weekend all Jack wanted to do was stand up next to the coffee table near eye level with Wesley and watch him do all these fun things. He also started walking while holding onto my pointer fingers. Well, we went out to lunch at The Old Spaghetti factory today and Jack really just took off on walking with a little help from my two fingers. He got really tired though and took a nap to rest his chubby legs and then we went to my moms house to say goodbye to Ash and Wes before they flew back home. Jack was once again refusing to sit and we started having him walk back and fourth between my mom and I. My mom then introduced him to the push walker she has, but he was a little nervous. Instead of pushing it along Jack let go with BOTH hands, pivoted and took a step towards my mom! Sorry- I can't give you the best picture with words, but it was AWESOME!! This is my boy who has NEVER taken any interest in crawling and is all of a sudden taking steps and standing on his own! Gosh, Jack you are getting so big :(

1 comment:

The Halls said...

I wish I could have been there.