Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Jack Turns 2!

Our little boy turned 2 today! I just can't believe it! I almost feel as if his 2nd year in life went TWICE as fast as his first did. We have had such a fun year watching Jack grow in leaps and bounds. Jack is talking up a storm and is so smart! He is already putting together 5-6 word sentences, and can tell us exactly what he needs and wants. It's so nice being able to understand Jack, he used to get so frustrated when he could explain what he was trying to say. Jack has such a tender heart too, he is always giving Chris and I, his toys, his kitties, the puppy, & his favorite people random bouts of hugs and kisses. The other day I was getting ready for church and concentrating on applying my eye make-up. Jack came into the room and grabbed onto my legs and hugged them. I looked down at him as he was looking up at me, he then said, "Mamma pretty." I about melted into a million pieces, he says sweet things like that all the time.

 BUT he's also a mimic, the other day I caught him saying a 4 letter word that started with and S...my fault. I've definitely been careful since, today he saved "Eat me up!" after I got him all dressed and ready for his pictures. Today he also told my grandma, "Nanny go inside" because he was having fun going out the doggy door and he wanted to continue being naughty without her correction. He really says the funniest things! I've been trying to write them down more often and I've started a journal about all the little things that make my life so great. MOST of them are about him :)

At Jack's 2 year check-up he weighed 30lbs 10oz, which is the 80th percentile & he is 34 1/2 inches tall, which is the 54th percentile. He loves his pediatrician Doctor Brasher and he giggled and played with him during the appt. Chris and I love seeing such a nice man care for our little boys health,  he told us how excited he is to help us with our baby on the way and he even gave Jack a new book for his birthday :) What a great-great man! 

Chris took off a few days to help me complete some projects over the weekend and we were able to renovate and decorate Jack's room into a big boy room to share with the baby. It turned out really cute and we were both very proud of our efforts.  Sunday we had a family birthday party at my auntie Tina's house to celebrate Jack AND Uncle Brett's birthday's it was fun they really showed him the love that night! We had a busier weekend than expected, but we got everything we needed done, once Tuesday rolled around I felt I could finally give a sigh of relief! 

For Jack's actual birthDAY we had an early morning picture appt. He did fabulous and we captured many of his amazing smile. While we waited for the pictures to get edited we took Jack to breakfast at McDonald's, I got a cute picture with him and his daddy and I can't believe how much of a spitting image he is of him! Chris even took Jack inside IFA when he got some fertilizer to show Jack the baby chicks, Jack sure got a kick out of that! 

After Jack's Doctor appt. we ended the day by taking my good friend and member of our ward some dinner because she's on bed rest to stop early labor, scary :/ Then we hopped on over to "nanny" & "papa cake's". Chris helped Grandma update her phone, while Jack played pick-a-boo in their coat closet. Grandpa took me to Culver's and he picked us all up a VERY yummy dinner and dessert. It was such a fun day & night! Here are some pictures of Jack's birthday week!

Before: Still Cute
 After: Big boy bed!



 The cake I made Jack out of fondant :)

Pianta time!






Jack and Uncle Brett's cakes



 Birthday Breakfast :)

 IFA 

 Jack's 2 year pictures:









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my heavens he is growing so fast! Love the new pictures they all show his cute personality! I had no idea you are expecting again, very exciting for you both! Happy day all the way around

Breestyle said...

What a precious boy! Your doing a great job Britt. Time flies too fast, I am glad you are savoring the moments. Congratulations on the newly expected!! Their room is adorable.

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday to Jack! He is such a cutie! I love how you cherish every moment. I never told you congrats on the new one so congrats!

Brittany (B) Michelle Kenner said...

Thank you all! I'm 13 weeks 1 day today :) My doctor was suppose to to give a 15 week gender check, but I guess the new office doesn't do that so Chris is taking me to a fetal studio to SEE if we can find out the gender in a little over a week! Jack is such a fun boy, love having him in my family!