Monday, April 22, 2013

We are having a BOY!

As most of you know the Kenner family is expecting another little boy this Oct! We are thrilled & now we are busy trying to nail down a name for the little one. I've decided I DEFINITELY need to see this little man in person before I can name him, and Chris agrees. Because the 1st trimester went so quickly I'm still in a little bit of shock that I will be half-way done with this pregnancy at the end of May! Crazy..though it has gone by fast it has not lacked with the intensity of pregnancy symptoms I've been feeling. I have been basically spewing my guts everyday since mid February and it hasn't eased up as of yet. Along with the many uncomfortable side effects pregnancy brings I've been exhausted. This could be because of watching my two year old all day along with my friends 9 month old baby, but honestly I'd attribute most of it to being pregnant. I have begun exercising again, which I think will really help with my mood and the constant exhaustion I've been feeling. I figured using the excuse of "I'll start exercising again when I stop throwing up" might never happen if it never stops lol. 

Something amazing. I can feel the baby move already =) I felt the first flutters or sort of "popcorn popping" sensation at 13 weeks and now at 15 weeks I can feel actually nudges and kicks. This definitely helps me to feel closer to the baby and makes everything that much more real. My doctor informed me that my uterus is very forward and up front, which probably helps with me feeling the baby so easily, it also makes it very apparent physically that my bump is not just a hamburger still digesting. This little boy is already VERY active. I usually feel the best movements when I'm laying down just after lots of housework or walking. This happens especially late at night when I've finally gotten comfortable and about to dose off, little stinker. 

I'm really falling in love with the little boy growing in my belly. On Saturday I attended my brother-in-law's wedding ceremony in the Draper UT Temple. I was just bawling. I had barely made it back to the sealing room after having to excuse myself to (once again) spew my breakfast in the bathroom. I'm so grateful I was there. The things they say during such a sacred ceremony touch people in different ways. For me it wasn't just that my brother had chosen someone to spend eternity with and that they were now starting a new life together, just the two of them. But that I too, nearly 5 years ago began this journey with my sweetheart Christopher and feel proud of the life we have created with each other. I lean heavily on him, and I know he does me as well. We have family values that were established within our faith that we believe and live by, but have also set our own set of values within our small family of three (almost four!) I'm just so excited to welcome this little boy into our family in just 5 1/2 months! He is already so loved and wanted, can't wait to meet him!

Sorry I took the pictures with my laptop, so they are backwards.

Love this one :) you can see his little face!





5 comments:

Melinda said...

We are super excited for you! Obviously we LOVE boys. It will be great for Jack to have a little brother to be his buddy. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. I hope you start feeling better.

FerneClan said...

I wondered! We just recently heard through the grapevine. I know all about spewing breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sorry you get to enjoy that kind of bliss too! Hugs

Breestyle said...

I am so excited for you both! Congratulations! Please invite me to the shower..:)

The Halls said...

Love the update. We're excited!!

Brittany (B) Michelle Kenner said...

Thanks everyone! Kim I don't think I'll have a shower this time because its my second boy in a row, but if I do I definitely will!!