Sunday, May 5, 2013

The 2nd time around..

I'm going to be a mom of TWO in just a little over 5 months...CRAZY. I feel like these past 17 weeks have flown by, and I can understand why. Chasing and raising a 2 year old sure occupies your time and mind. I feel like I spend all my time focused on Jack, and rarely any time daydreaming about our little boy on the way. This is so different because I remember just thinking about Jack ALL.DAY.LONG while he was in my belly. I'm beyond excited to have this little one joining our home, I guess it still just feels surreal. I'll be half-way through this pregnancy at the end of this month and it seriously shocks me! We have our 20 week ultrasound May 29th and I can't wait to see in detail this little boys features.

10 Things that are different with this pregnancy:
#1 I've continued to have nausea and "morning" sickness past the 1st trimester.
#2 My skin is HORRIBLE, I'm constantly breaking out on my face and my skin is SO dry.
#3 I've been able to feel baby brother move since I was 13 weeks and he is quite the poke and prodder already.
#4 I can smell things MUCH MUCH stronger than with Jack, stinky feet are my enemy right now, I can even smell them on strangers from more than 5 feet away. It's horrible.
#5 I cry at like every movie and commercial. I actually cried at the end of "How to Train Your Dragon" It's bad.
#6 I haven't gained weight as quickly as I did with Jack.
#7 I'd basically not eat food if I didn't have to...
#8 I've become a shut-in, I never want to leave my house.
#9 I appreciate my husband more and recognize better the sacrifices he makes to let me stay home with our kids. This is something I want, and love and I feel blessed and grateful that he has made it possible.
#10 I'm not so nervous about having a newborn, I feel like I've got this "Momma" thing under control.

I love not being stressed about buying the essentials or anything, we have basically EVERYTHING this little guy will need, plus some! This definitely makes Chris happy, though he did take me to buy a couple new outfits for our little one :) But other than that, baby brother will be using Jack's crib bedding, blankets, clothes, shoes, etc. Which is great because I love that they are really going to get good use, especially because some of the clothes we have, have been hardly worn! I took it upon myself to make this little guy a new swaddling blanket THE NIGHT we found out he was a he :) it helped me feel closer to him and really made me feel like I was showing him how much I already love him. I'm trying to get the motivation to block out a quilt, but I've really been out of sorts. I've been having all sorts of aches and pains, and am still throwing up most days..I've also started swelling some nights which worries me. My doctor has given me a lot of advise this past week and I've been doing my best to adhere to it. I want this pregnancy to go as smoothly as it possible can. This does mean that I will need to stop watching my good friends baby at the end of the month. I feel terrible for putting her in this situation, but I know it will be the best thing for me and our baby.

Besides being sick (like all the time) nothing really is new around here. We stay home most week days unless we are invited elsewhere. Chris and my dad like switching handy man projects, they have been working on the sprinklers at our house and at my parents house most recently. It's nice having a handy man for a father and he has taught Chris a lot. I swear Chris will be able to build a house from the ground up, once they finish my dad's garage. Between Chris' dad teaching him all his auto mechanic skills and my dad teaching him things like laying and fixing sprinkler lines, I've got a real Jack of all trades on my hands :)

This summer it will be just Jack and I during the day, I'll be taking it easy so it will be very mellow. Filled with BBQ's in the backyard and walks to the park across the street. I don't want to take any of the tender moments for granted while we have just little Jack. This will be his last summer as our one and only, i'm going to make sure to document all of it so I don't forget a thing!

1 comment:

Breestyle said...

I'm so excited for you Brittany. Sounds like you have your priorities in the right place! Hope you feel better soon. lots of love.

Kim