Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Doctor gave me an A+

Yesterday was my 20 week ultrasound and checkup. My ultrasound lasted a little over an hour and it was so exciting for Chris and I to see every cute little detail of our little boy. I've seriously never had that great of an ultrasound before and I loved being able to see each finger, toe, and his cute little pouty lips (he got those from me btw). This little boy's profile is just adorable! And his little feet that kicked nearly the whole time with sure be kissed a lot once he's born! I'm SO in love with this little guy already I can't wait to cuddle him! The ultra sound technician said everything from our babies measurements to his organs look great! He has every single finger and toe and is growing magnificently! Let me just tell you, there is nothing greater than knowing you are growing a healthy child.

Next came the (dreaded) urine sampling, weight gain check, and blood pressure check. Because of my past experience with pre-clampsia I was really nervous about this! Last month I started to show signs of hypertension again with some sudden weight gain and high blood pressure and I've been doing everything I can to make sure this doesn't happen again. Well, no protein in my urine, an excellent blood pressure reading, and I've only gained 11 pounds so far! My doctor told me he was thrilled with everything and that my pregnancy was going PERFECT! I was skeptical and kept asking him over and over again if all I'm doing is right and he told me that he is very proud of my efforts and that there is not a thing more I can do to ensure a healthy pregnancy. (He has been having me count my calories 1800/day and exercise 3 days a week for an hour). I am proud to say that I have kept on track with this and am feeling GREAT! Can you believe it? I never though the nausea and vomiting would ever quit, but it was funny..When I woke up on Tuesday, which was my half way mark I just felt amazing. My skin was glowing, I had tons of energy, and I just felt like I could finally take on the day. I have been battling a skin rash on my neck and have just been feeling more or less ugly. But that is clearing up and I have been putting some good time in at the gym. I haven't been super hungry with this baby so I haven't had to worry about cravings or anything this time around, but I'm so happy I've stopped throwing up. I'm feeling really strong again and by the end of the two appts I was in happy tears. It was so great to see everything from my body to the babies is healthy and that everything so far is great. I feel SO blessed right now I know this was the boost I needed to get through the two weeks I will be home alone with Jack. I think as long as I keep on track with the health goals my doctor (whom I absolutely LOVE) and I set I will continue to have a great pregnancy. I stop watching my friends baby tomorrow and though it will be sad to not see him everyday I know I need these last 4 months to bond with my Jack-Jack and stay healthy. I am so happy my appointment went so well and just love the 3 boys I have been given to take care of in my life

5 comments:

The Halls said...

Wahoo! That is GREAT news. Love you.

Breestyle said...

Amazing Job Britt! I remember you telling me how hard your first pregnancy was. I am so glad to hear the results of this one. Keep up the good work. BTW you are BEAUTIFUL!!

dana ewell said...

Cute baby! Good job Britt :). Keep up the good work!

Newlyweds4Ever+2 said...

Yay Britt! Good girl, way to stay on the job. Hope all goes well girlie. We'll be farther away when he is born so when he is bring him over and get away from town for a bit. You are always welcome. Love you.

Jessie.

Phil and Ashlee said...

good job sis! cute baby, can't wait to hold him.