Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 2: Home made corn chowder and corn bread

Day 2:
So for day 2 of my cooking extravaganza I decided to be a little more daring. Corn Chowder: not that its hard to make, just that all the MANY ingredients kinda make me nervous...

It turned out GREAT! VERY delicious and so easy! Just throw it in the crock-pot! Here is the recipe :) The pictures I took were a bust :( accidentally left my memory card in the laptop and they are saved on the ACTUAL camera (don't really know how to take them off..)

Ingredients:
1 can cream of potato
2 cans cream of chicken
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 can corn
1 diced COOKED chicken breast
1/4 cup dicded red pepper
1 cup diced celery
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt

Here is the BEST part...Ready? Add all ingrediants to crock-pot and cook on low for 4 hours and serve! HA! Whats better than that?

I served mine with yummy cake-corn-bread.

You just take a yellow cake mix and all its ingrediants and a box of corn bread and all its ingrediants, add them together and heat at the temperature in the middle of the two. Makes for some sweeeet corn bread!

No comments: