Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 3: Chicken Curry

Day 3:

WOW! I'm only onto my third day of cooking and I've decided I LOOOVE cooking the satisfaction from trying a new recipe is ALMOST as fulling as sewing is, and (for me) that's saying A LOT!

Today I tried a HARD hard recipe, Chicken Curry. It took me nearly 2 1/2 hours from beginning to on-the-table to cook this meal. I told Chris I was making, "waffles" because I wanted to surprise him with my skills. He was surprised, and his reaction was perfect. I was beaming while he ate. Every Mmmmm and Yummm sound he made made my heart happier and happier. I recommend trying this recipe when (like me) you have no deadline and have all the time in the world.

Ingredients and Instructions:

6T butter
1 Onion diced
1 glove garlic diced
Saute
In separate bowl combine 6T flour, 1 tsp ginger, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tsp curry powder
Add to rue (if a little lumpy no big deal, it will smooth itself out in the end...I say this because I freaked out a little')
Then add
1 Cup chicken broth
2 Cups milk
1/2 Cup coconut milk (yes coconut milk is suppose to be that thick, I was surprised too)
and
3 cups diced COOKED chicken breast
MIX WELL

Serve over steamed rice with the condiments of your choosing. We like hard boiled eggs, cooked bacon bits, and cashews. (The condiments is what took me so long, I had to cook the bacon, make the sauce, and boil the eggs all at the same time.)

You can also add some yummy rolls as a side or if your cheap like me some sliced white bread :)

This Meal was DELICIOUS probably one of the best meals I've EVER made, I HIGHLY recommend it!
Chicken Curry
Condiments
Mmmmmm

1 comment:

The Halls said...

So scrumptious! Way 2 go! Love you!