Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sending Chris to Basic Training

Well...I drove Chris to Camp Williams this morning for drill. He leaves tomorrow for his semi-permanent stay is Springville Missouri, for 4 1/2 months and I'm in a state of shock.

5 months...what am I going to do without him?... This morning felt like I was dropping off my little boy to Scout Camp though, haha. He was really nervous and worried about his uniform being on right and not super excited about spending the night away from me. Plus when I asked for a kiss he gave me one of those "mom your embarrassing me" pecks. Sigh...gosh I love that man! These last two weeks have been a blur...we prayed for the time to go by slowly, but in the last few days I couldn't remember what day was what. We were busy running last minute errands and even got into a "we are both anxious and nervous and at our breaking point" fights while packing late Friday night..(didn't like that one bit). In the end Friday we just held each other so close through the night...It was the last time I'll sleep cuddled up next to my sweetheart for quite some time. The morning just came WAY TO SOON. These last few days we did a few fun family things. I made dinner at home just about every night for two weeks which include his favorite dinners like spaghetti, chicken curry, and hobo dinners. It was so nice being home with just the three of us. I cleaned A LOT too. (I do this when I'm anxious) I also have a bad nervous habit of picking at my face and have a lot of scaring from it. Chris must have noticed my anxiety level was up because he took me to the nail salon to get a full set of nails to help break me of that habit...I'm happy to say I have a beautifully clear skinned face these days...it really feels good. Chris also took Jack to build-a-bear to pick out a stuffed animal to be dressed up in army gear. Jack was SOOO cute in the store he loved all of the different animals, but when we got to the kitty cat he GRABBED it and started going, "meow meow" and giving it kisses so that was the winner! Chris recorded himself saying, "daddy loves you Jack". When he played it for Jack we both started crying when Jack looked at the kitty gave it a BIG hug and kiss. Like he was giving his daddy some love. I ache for Chris missing these precious next few months of Jack growing. We just keep saying, "we are stronger than we think." We also went running together late at night at least 3 days a week. It was nice being just the two of us and the stars. I savored every moment I could get with him..

On Thursday we had a little BBQ and one last trip to the temple together before he leaves. It was VERY needed and we are SO grateful we went. It helped calm us down a bit and reassure us we are doing what Heavenly Father want us to be doing

On Friday Chris planned a special date for just the two of us. We went shooting because he wanted to make sure I was comfortable unloading and loading his gone in case of an emergency and because it's just a TON of fun to go shooting =) we went together on one of our first dates and I smoked him and all of his friends...I also did quite well at the shooting range friday too! He also surprised me with dinner at the Melting Pot..oh my gosh YUMMMM! Best dinner ever! And so fun! We talked a lot about how much we were going to miss each other and ways that will help me stay busy. And when we got on the subject of Jack we both just broke down...We were then very shocked when the hostess brought us an envelope that said, "thanks for serving our country" on it with a gift card to the restaurant inside! She said it was anonymous and that a couple had heard us talking and wanted to give it to us. When we went to pay we then found out the gift card was for $100 dollars!! So this covered our entire meal plus some! We were floored and very emotional about it..what good people they must be. We really appreciate it and wish we could thank who ever it was in person.

I also left sweet little notes around the house everyday for the last week, Chris liked that and it made me feel good seeing him happy and smile. I made them myself on word..if you want a copy let me know..they'd be good for father's day I think.

Picking out his furry friend
 Jack was afraid of them stuffing the kitty...he was worried what they were doing to him!
 Chris having a tender moment :(
 Jack giving his new friend some loves and kisses
 Dressing his kitty

 Hobo dinners after church

 NERD!
 Cutie
 Showing everyone how it's done!
I look cool huh?
 Us :)
 Cheese Fondu
 Salad
 Entree
 The nice card we got
 Dessert!
 My soldier
 He's such a stud!
 At the Temple :)
 Just hangin out watching "Top Shot" our favorite show
 Daddy pushing Jack in his new car from his birthday
 After one of our runs, this time with Jack
 Ya Chris bought me a pink pepper spray =)
Day 1: "Thanks for putting some Snap, Crackle, & Pop into my life!" (Rice Krispie Treats.)
 Day 2: "You stole a Piece of my heart!" (Reese's Pieces.)
 Day 3: "You o 'fish' ally have my heart" (Swedish fish.)
 Day 4: "It's a JOY being married to you" (Almond Joy.)
 Day 5: "Just wanted you to know I'm nuts about you!" (Almonds are his favorite.)
 Day 6: "Chris, your Dynamite! You're going to blow everybody out of the water in training! I love you sweetheart!"( Rolo's are inside the rolled paper to look like the dynamite.)
 Day 7: "You are THE apple of my i" (Yes, yes it's an I-phone.) He doesn't know I got this for him yet. Can't wait to see his face tomorrow! I found out we get to talk on the weekends and got it so he could Skype Jack and I.

I drop him off tomorrow for the last time until Sept :/ I just keep praying that I can stay strong for me and Jack and help Chris stay strong and focus during training. I don't want him to worry at all about us while he's gone, though I can't really help knowing he will. If you don't hear from me for a little while it's probably because I've become a hermit..Love B

6 comments:

Dave and Lisa said...

It's okay if you want to be a hermit, as long as it's okay that you let me and sometimes my kids visit you sometimes. You're a tough chick! Just think. Craft nights, movie nights, playdates. The list continues. You have so many friends and family who will help you through this. It'll be over in no time! Love ya girl!

Andie said...

I know Chris has talked about wanting to go into the guard for sometime. We are proud of him and the decision that you have made as a couple. If you both feel it is right, then it is! Let us know if you need anything. I know we are 45 minutes south but still close enough to come up and help or visit if you need. Bug hugs! \
Andrea

Breestyle said...

Oh britt :(, I know this will be hard for your cute little family but, it WILL get easier. I will pray for all of you to be able have a strength. <3

Newlyweds4Ever+2 said...

Britt, we love you both so much. Please don't feel cut off. I can't imagine the feelings you both must be experiencing. I have a huge respect for those who serve our country. Both of my granddads are veterans so it means a lot to me. It's a sacrifice for both of you and I love you for it. Drop us a line here soon and let me know how you are. I love you sweetie, you are not alone, ever! Love to Chris! Jessie.

Ky and Cam said...

Cameron and I both read your blog and it brought both of us to tears!
You are sooo strong Britt and I look up to for that!
Hang in there pretty girl & I will pray that time flies by for you!

dana ewell said...

Ok. You look a little Bond Gurl. All decked out looking like a hottie and holding a gun! Fun memories. You'll just have lots of time to plan more fun dates with your boys!