Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Heather's Birthday :)

We celebrated my sissy Heather's Birthday on Sunday...she's 27!! WOW, she is getting kinda OLD. Last year for her birthday I gave her a coupon for a customized quilt. It took her about 8 months to figure out what she wanted the quilt to look like and a few extra months to get the fabric for it. Basically it took a YEAR to get the quilt into the beginning stages of being ready to be cut and sewn. For her birthday this year I finished it and I am quite pleased with the end result. But I also took it to the quilt shop to be hand quilted with a stars design and professionally bound. The back of the quilt is this really soft brown minky fabric and the binding is blue minky. I know she has this quilt in mind for her first son so I wanted it to be perfect. I also made her a cute birthday cake, I looked up a design online (mine didn't turn out quite as good..oh well) love you Heath, Happy 27th Birthday! <3 Britt





4 comments:

Andie said...

I remember coming to your shower and seeing all the hard work your sisters put into the thought and presentation of your gift for your wedding. I see that again here with this quilt. It is heartwarming to see the love and devotion you have for one another "this" is what it is all about. You are an amazing individual.... So grateful to have you within our extended family.

Brittany (B) Michelle Kenner said...

Thanks Andrea :) I am very grateful for the love and sisterhood we have in my family. We are close :) and I am happy we are friends to each other too! Love you!

The Halls said...

I love my present and can't wait to see it and hold it. Love you to the moon and back!

dana ewell said...

The quilt looks great! Perfectly straight and crisp! Good job babe!

Can't wait to see the finished product! When will it be done?

And, as you know, I thought the cake was delicious! ...all three pieces that I ate!