Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Going backwards..

Is not necessarily a BAD thing...
Today ended up being a horrible day bytheway. I had a meeting with the parents of one of my daycare families (who are going through a divorce) and I was the mediater in trying to workout some of their issues. Basically yesterday "step-dad" and biological father got into a tiff AT MY HOUSE over one rather adorable little girl. They both showed up to get her without warning and I and particullarly Chris was NOT ok with that. I called them both over to let them know that could NEVER happen again even though it was handled mostly in the driveway. I did not want to be in the middle of well, their MUCH larger issues. I was the babysitter, the caregiver, the nanny, the during the day mom, THATS IT. Things didn't end well with one side of the party...He was given "The right's to refusal" I guess and decided HE was going to be the new babysitter (he's unemployed) because his ex wife won't give him an extra day a week. Anyways, I might not be watching her anymore and I am heartbroken...and then I started to stress about our tight budget and paying for school and getting out of debt..blah blah blah blah.

The point is. Chris and I started out as a VERY poor newly married couple, we both lost our jobs within weeks of each other and snapped back from it almost instantly. Our expensive taste landed us in a very financially safe spot with two very stable jobs, insurance, a house and we just kept climbing the ladder and feeling like we needed to be better and better. Life "seemed" perfect, we have always been blessed financially and instead had to deal with other challenges and trails of faith. Then we had Jack, we are humbled more and more everyday he was is our life. He's completely changed my view on the world and the meaning of necessity. I feel like my personality has relaxed completely and I'm not so anxious all the time. I'm so moment to moment right now I could be a hippie. So today when I started' to worry if we will be able to pay the bills next month I stopped myself.
If we have to make groceries stretch a little further, take less date nights, completely cut out every vain worldly indulgence, and completely revamp our budget, we will. We have made it through a lot already, and every trail has brought us closer. So when I say "Going backwards isn't a bad thing." I mean us going back to 2008, in a shoebox apartment, with nothing but love, (Jack), and our future ahead of us it looks like heaven to me.

Eternity never looked so GOOD!

4 comments:

Andie said...

Welcome to the backwards club.... There have been so many days this last year ish where I have felt like I have been running full speed backwards.... The way I look at it is once I run out of steam one way I go go the other. What comes up must go down and so forth. You are an amazing young woman with a good head on her shoulders, you and Chris will be fine. Easier said than done some days, but in the end you have the best already so....... Deep breathes
Big hugs sent your way

The Halls said...

You can make it work. I love you Sis.

Breestyle said...

I love this post Britt..because, EVERYONE goes through this. We have personally had financial trouble in the past. But today with our children growing and being almost debt free (besides our trailer and our home), we STILL have to try to make ends meet. Its not how much money you make but how much love you have. Love you. XOXO

dana ewell said...

As long as we are always progressing...sometimes it's good to see where we have been! Love you Britt