Tuesday, December 13, 2011

O.A.

O.A...which stands for Overeaters Anonymous (Jack's pretty close to joining the club). Well, today I was brave and decided to go grocery shopping with my little Jack Jack while Chris was completing his Chemistry final.
Oh. My. Gosh. What was I thinking??? An entire store dedicated to food? With MY son Jack? Obviously you are getting the point that it was a BAD idea and will never be repeated again until I can reason with him because you are a fool if you think you can compromise with an 8 month old who is IN LOVE with FOOD! The other shoppers (all 5 of them), must have thought I was pitiful as I was trying to explain to Jack "Don't eat the produce bags," "PLEASE stop eating my grocery coupons!" or "Stop chewing through the corn meal box," and "Jack you already ate an ENTIRE container of puffs, please stop crying." Ya the list goes on and on...(keep in mind I had just given Jack 8oz of formula 5 minutes into or excursion and he was already acting like a Tasmanian Devil!) Well, I ended up at WINCO for 2 hours..I was BEYOND flustered, late to pick up Chris, and Jack was hysterical! At the check-out counter something caught my eye though, a little piece of Christmas magic for only .26 cents! Something I wish I would have found at the BEGINNING of my adventure, a candy cane. So simple and so inexpensive it blew my mind how Jekyll became Hyde in a matter of seconds! Once I got home and peeked through the back seat window this is what I found...messy, but happy :) The joys of parenthood...Chris and I dunked him in the bath-tub and our little boy went to bed so happy. I can't help, but smile at the sight of my messy little monster. Monday Monday....

I can't get over that naughty little smile!
What mom?
Content with his handy work :)

6 comments:

kennerfam said...

I LOVE that sticky little face!!

The Halls said...

Oh my gosh! That just made my morning. He is so stinking cute.

Kari World Conqueror said...

He and I are going to be best friends! Candy canes ROCK! :D He is absolutely adorable.

Ky and Cam said...

he seriously melts my heart brit!
he is soooo cute!

The Halls said...

I seriously can't stop looking at that happy sticky boy of yours. I'm addicted.

The Lyon Den said...

Seriously, you have the cutest kid! May you have many more candy canes and messes to clean up!