Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tis the season

To be jolly!
Festival of Trees with my family
I couldn't decide which picture was cuter
"Dad, stop kissing me!"
They have so much fun together
Jack playing with my earing
The different gingerbread houses were awesome!
The Weasley house!
The capitol building, UNBELIEVABLE!!!
HUNDREDS of crazy decorated trees!
And the quilts were just amazing, makes me want to learn to piece quilt.
Real gingerbread wreath
And the best family I could ever ask for
My little heart melter
He loved the lights

Our church adult Christmas dinner
I was in charge of decorating one table set for 8
My wonderful mother-in-law lent me her dishes
I even had dinner mints and little treat bags :)

Wrapping Christmas presents on a Sunday night
Jack was SO in love with the wrapping paper, he was trying to eat it and unwrap the presents as I was trying to wrap them!
Chris is a big help :)
Jack was more trouble than help, haha!
TA DA! Funny thing is only 3 of them are for Chris or I, the rest are for Jack and our extended family. I feel really good about Christmas shopping this year. I had a $100 budget for Jack and stuck to it! It did mean though that I had to stand in line for 3 hours at Toys R' Us on Black Friday...
Our first Christmas tradition: A new Christmas book to read to Jack on Christmas Eve, we also each wrote him a sweet letter and will continue to write him at the beginning of each book we give him.
We are SO excited for Christmas this year!

4 comments:

Aaron said...

I LOVE the book idea! How cute is that! I might just have to steal that!
-Chelsea

The Halls said...

Oh my goodness. Is it my turn to have Jack? I really miss him and these pictures just melted my heart. Give him my love.

The Halls said...

I just had a brilliant idea. You should put a picture of him & santa in the book each year.

dana ewell said...

I just love books and little Jack Jack too!