Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Our Family is "Avoiding Degrading Media Influences"

What happened to picking up the phone and talking with someone about their day, or actually practicing a friendship by actually doing something fun with them IN PERSON? Well I am about to find out :) I have had "cyber friendships" for far too long and I am ready to nurture and work on these relationships with all of you in person. I deleted my Facebook for good. It was an addiction and a serious crutch that I used to tell people about my life and how I feel. It also caused unnecessary arguments and hurt feelings, because nobody really knows a persons intent through "status updates" or "comments". I am hoping you will all forgive me for neglecting to nurture all of my relationships with you and I look forward to this new change.

3 comments:

Andie said...

I have often thought of canceling my status too,. Good to see someone being the example. I think when it comes to email/cyber relationships it all boils down to your perception at the time your read the comment/email. Over all it is just one BIG misunderstanding. Glad to see you take the first step back to realty! I may just follow suit!

The Halls said...

I love you. Now you and me are the same. I'll be ur real friend forever!! xoxo I'm proud that when u saw something that was effecting u, u annualized it and did what u had control over.

dana ewell said...

You go girl! Love you Bubba!