Sunday, October 2, 2011

General Conference Weekend

Our family really needed conference this week, It brought so many answered prayers and good thoughts and feeling into our home. We watched all 4 sessions Saturday and Sunday, and Chris went to the Priesthood session with his Dad and brother in-law Cole Saturday night. Saturday morning we woke up early and watched the first session in our family room and then spent the day at my parents house watching the second Saturday session while my dad played on the floor with Jack and my Mom and I painted our Halloween crafts. It was soooo much fun my Mom kept commenting on how she must have "lost her touch" at crafting, but as you can see that is not the case AT ALL. Her "Boo" decoration turned out adorable! I crafted/painted the "Witch" Sign, I LOVE it. :) I want to do this every conference session! Saturday night I hung out with the Kenner ladies at our house, it was a nice low key evening and I made spaghetti for dinner and we watched "You Again" which was hilarious! Sunday morning we made sure to wake up on time and played in the family room with Jack while listening and watching conference. The second session is coming up and we plan on just staying home and being together as a family :) what a wonderful blessing General Conference is, I feel so blessed it is so accessible to our family and it is of great need to every one of us. It is so wonderful that we can hear not only from the wonderful leaders of our church, but given insight from our Heavenly father personally twice a year. I will never take it for granted again.



On a side note, here are some other crafts I've completed this month! Super Saturday in my ward was a few weeks ago and I was amazed that I actually went home with a finished product :)

4 comments:

dana ewell said...

We are so awesome and blessed! We'll have to plan our next craft while we are on a roll! Love you

dana ewell said...

As I look closer at the picture of Jack playing with Papa. I have figured out how he lost weight... Look at those lucious thighs! He has been working out! What a strong and busy boy! Love you Jack!

The Halls said...

super cute. love your crafts.

Breestyle said...

These are oh so cute!