Thursday, September 22, 2011

Houston Texas with the Harrison's

Chris, Jack, & I took our family vacation to Houston Texas this past weekend to spend 6 days, 5 nights with my sister Ashlee and the whole Harrison family. They live in North-Western Texas in a city called Tomball. Jack got to meet his uncle Phil for the first time and play with his cousin Wesley everyday. Wes and Jack are almost exactly 6 months apart and Wes is the closest cousin to Jack's age. It was so fun watching them interact and play and my sis and I talked about how fun it will be having them grow up together and be in the same grade when they go to school. We had SO much fun and took A LOT of pictures. Because we took so many pictures I am going to blog 2 days of the trip at a time. Here is Friday and Saturday!

Friday September 16th: I was very frazzled friday morning and SOOOO worried I was going to miss packing something we needed(btw we forgot our toothbrushes and had to make a stop at Walgreens) my mom had offered to pick us up and take us to the airport and we were pleasantly surprised when my dad showed up to pick us up as well! For those of you that don't know, my dad had been in Denver CO for 6 months helping at a plant there. We got everything into the car and raced to the airport. We were sure to pack smart because with the diaper bag and 20 pound baby on my hip it was going to be a feat to make it onto the plane. Jack was and ANGEL he slept the entire flight and woke up happy and gabbing and making eyes at all the flight attendants he was pretty much the center of attention. We arrived at the Houston airport at around 6:20pm and Ash and Wes picked us up. Phil and Ash had dinner already for us when we got to their house. Yummy home made taquitos! Jack and Wes got to play for a little while before they went to bed and me and Chris stayed up for a little while and chatted with Ash and Phil.
Jack's first plain ride, couldn't have done it without Chris!
My boys asleep on the plain
This is the outfit I put him in on our way to Houston...3 outfits later we arrived!
Wes and Jack "playing" for the first time, Wes was soooo excited to play with Jack
My sweet boy

Saturday September 17th: We woke early and got ready to go to Galveston Beach. It was a B-E-A-Utiful day and I am still so happy we decided to venture out there for the day. Jack got to put his feet in the ocean (and his whole body for that matter) for the first time! Wesley enjoyed crawling all around the beach and getting completely muddy and sandy from head toe. Ash and I just chilled on the beach while Chris and Phil played in the waves. It was a beautiful day, warm with a small breeze. After the beach we headed home, showered and went to SpringCreek BBQ it was DELICIOUS! After BBQ we let the boys play for a little and Wesley opened up his b-day present from us since won't be able to make it to his 1st birthday. After they went to bed we ate Bluebell ice cream...I think I gained 3 pounds alone that was attributed to that heavenly ice cream!

The boys fell asleep on our way there
Sisters and our boys



Daddy and his boy




Spring Creek BBQ



I can only imagine Wesley on his actual birthday, paper will be flying!

3 comments:

The Halls said...

I am so jealous. It looks like you guys had a blast with the babies. They look really cute together.

dana ewell said...

I love seeing my kids and their kids together. So tender!

Love and kisses!

the holmans said...

I am with you, I am jealous... THe pictures are so great the beach and the bubbies are so great i love the one were he is eating jack! you are such a cute mom