Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sad day...

Well...It was a sad day for the Kenner family today...we are now PET-LESS. Friday morning we got in trouble with the city for our naughty puppy Maddie getting out from under our fence and roaming the neighborhood (AGAIN). Someone finally called animal control and we were cited a $200 ticket, I got my way out of it though (phew!) And the officer on duty said if there is nothing we can do to contain her she will eventually be picked up and put in a shelter and put down...We did NOT want that, so-we found her a more suitable home. An older couple who live in North Salt lake. They have a fully fenced yard (that is dog proof) and can give her the attention she needs since they are home all day and retired. I am sad, but I know it was the right thing to do. Maddie was to the point where we were getting calls EVERYDAY from random neighbors informing us that they either had our dog or saw her crossing the street. She had it SO good though! My mom made me feel better though, she said once dog's get it into their systems to "flee" they can't stop. That's how our dog Angel was I guess growing up. I sure hope Maddie is happy and treated well. She was my baby for 3 years and I will miss her but cherish her memories.

Chole. She's another story. Just ask ANYONE, she was an EVIL cat. The last straw was one of our renters J.C was walking past her minding his own business and she started hissing and attacked him. We didn't want that type of animal with an unpredictable behavior in our home. TOO scary for Jack and our future children. She now resides in a military family home with NO kids I sure home they can help her find peace..

The house is so quiet now...(it is 1:05 am though) I miss all the pitter patters, and the quirks and personality they added to the family. We hope we can find more luck with our next pet :(

3 comments:

Bri Jordan said...

Oh, sad! But it kind of makes sense...once you have a kid, if the pet is more work than the baby, it is usually time to find a new home... :(

Kari World Conqueror said...

So sad! But you did the right thing. You could always try a chinchilla... :)

The Halls said...

I'm so sorry Britt. You should have gotten a hold of me. I love you baby sister.